1 lb (450 g) top sirloin grilling steak, about 1–1 1/2” thick
1 tsp oil
2–3 tbsp Montreal Steak Rub
4 tsp mustard
1 cup arugula or baby spinach
Toppings (optional): sliced red onion
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Coat steak with oil, then evenly rub steak rub on all sides of meat.
- Place on grill. Grill with lid closed, until steak is done as you like, about 3–5 min per side for medium-rare. Let steak rest at least 5 min before slicing.
- Meanwhile, cut baguette in half lengthwise, then crosswise, to make 4 pieces. Spread each with mustard. Coarsely chop arugula; set aside.
- Thinly slice steak; divide and arrange slices on baguette. Drizzle with warm sauce and top with arugula and add onion, if desired.
Grill baguette before assembling sandwiches. Lightly brush with oil and season with pinches of salt and pepper. Grill until toasty, then spread with mustard.
Try Honey Mustard or Sweet & Spicy Mustard.